Pessada is probably the most ancient village of Livathos. In documents it is referred as town since 1262. in 1800 the village is referred as one of the most important and richest villages of the area. At the end of 19th century it had 230 spacious houses and it was the capital of Ano Livathos. Pessada is the old residence of Valsamakides and Igglesides.
Editing: Emilia Pavlatou
Information sources: Livathos, Group Livathos of Kefalonia edition, Athens, 1993