Damoulianata

0.0/5 rating (0 votes)


In the old days, the village was built on a higher section of the mountain, due to the frequent pirate sieges. Close by are the areas known as “Sarakina”, where the Saracen pirates would gather, and the area of “Koulies”, which got its name from the observatories used for locating pirates. Today, it’s situated further down the mountain, but there are remains of its history, as many houses survived the earthquakes of 1953.

Twitter Facebook Be in Heaven by...

Kefalonia

FacebookTwitterYoutube